When saving the Rorqual goes wrong—379b lost in Fountain

Macky Avelli 2019-04-06

Art by Major Sniper

What may have seemed like a fairly routine “Rorqual-damsel-in-distress” situation wound up being a bit of a disaster as the rescuing parties lost ships to the tune of 379b to a Pandemic Horde / WE FORM V0LTA dreadbomb.

Though Fountain is a lucrative place to be for many Goonswarm pilots, it’s generally not recommended to be mining there with a Rorqual. Without being nice and cozy tucked away in Delve, mining in a Rorqual can be a risky proposition. Funny enough, a Rorqual killmail doesn’t seem to have found its way to the battle report, so it may have actually survived.

Rorqual saved! Titans down!

Unfortunately for said Rorqual’s intrepid rescue squad, their losses were pretty devastating, and came quickly. Judging by the battle report, it appears that the rescue Titans warped in and took a small chunk out of the attacking party’s Dread squad…but that was only a hint of what was to come. Within minutes, 4 Finnish Space Jaegers (F-S-J) Titans had been destroyed by the attacking force’s dreadbomb, making up the brunt of the ISK losses for this battle.

Not too long after that, the cavalry showed up for the defence force, and wiped out most of the dreadnoughts that were left. The battle continued for the better part of an hour, but the damage had already been done on the defending side. Though they were able to chase off their attackers with the help of INIT and Bastion, F-S-J had suffered some fairly significant losses.

Word from boots on the ground

We were put in touch with Init. FC Dark Shines, whose rescue team made as much of an effort as they could to get there quickly. “…we only got wind of it when the first Titan loss showed up on Zkill. Due to the jump divide in fountain we had to do a mid but the last titan died about a minute before we landed on grid” said the Init. FC. There wasn’t much more that they could’ve done to change the outcome, as Dark Shines mentions that the Titan losses may have been accelerated by pilot inexperience, and some poor fits. They added that “Its interesting that this is the second dreadbomb by V0lta and co in the last 24 hours, we killed a smaller dreadbomb last night as well, so things seem to be heating up in Fountain as far as capital drops go.” Does this speak to a possible push in the Fountain region? War-hungry Goonswarm pilots are likely chomping at the bit, hoping so.

We also contacted the F-S-J Titan pilots to hear their side of the story. At the time of writing, we have not yet received any reply.

Comments

• Did you type this battle report by smashing your face into the keyboard or just pulled it straight out of your ass? Did you bother to even interview anyone outside the Imperium? Literally every sentence you wrote is wrong. Literally every piece of information you typed is WRONG. Did you just see the battle report, made up some fantasy in your head and presented it as fact? Good to see that INN continues the proud tradition of being a trash tier propaganda rag only slightly better than EN24… Jesus H Christ you make me miss Lemba.

April 7, 2019 at 12:27 AM
    • Punky260 Salivan Harddin

Although the battlereport is pretty short, it doesn’t seem to hold that much information that don’t fit to the zkill BR at all.
      Maybe you can enlighten us on what really happened?

April 7, 2019 at 9:21 AM
      • The entire point of a battle report outside zKillboard is to give the information that zKillboard CAN’T give. Why the heck write a battle report if you got nothing to add outside of “Here is a zKillboard link with what I think happened”. Seriously, what is the point?

Also here, enjoy: https://newedenreport.com/2019/04/07/imperium-titans-stumble-into-trouble-in-fountain/

April 7, 2019 at 1:01 PM
      • Nice shadow editing, superb.

Secondly, I don’t need to try and make INN look bad, it does it on its own. This “writer” did the most minimal of research and bashed out a piece in 30 minutes. It shows. It is objectively bad content and that makes me angry. If I saw an iota of effort I wouldn’t have been this angry but looking at this lazy, badly written piece is an actual affront to me.

I don’t need to stand out, I have, consistently and for years stood out from the rest of the so-called “battle reporters” of INN. The fact that I still write years later while most of theirs either quit or were commissar’ed is proof enough. I used insults and profanity because this is a professional insult.

Whatever you think suits or doesn’t suit a writer is fuck all my care. I am abrasive, I am foul mouthed but I am also honest enough to state my opinion. That opinion is this writer is a fucking idiot. You can’t fix stupid and whatever criticism I gave INN, and did for years on, has obviously been ignored so excuse me for venting my frustrations at another ignorant, lazy, stupid to the point of goddamn miracle “writer” who does the barest minimum, gets paid far better than the likes of me who actually invest time and care in giving accurate, detailed reports.

Also you are a goddamn idiot for defending this piece of trash article. I’d use a better insult on you but fuck it, I’ll just INN it and go with whats easy and requires the least amount of work and creativity.

April 8, 2019 at 12:34 PM
    • Peter Kremel Salivan Harddin

And maybe instead of only ranting write how it REALLY was since you obviously knows it 🙂

April 7, 2019 at 10:29 AM
  • disqus_42LVG0en5J

Ok, so this drop had nothing to do with a rorqual save. Finnish Space Jaegers (FSJ) got caught moving a few titans and a super into Fountain. They were just gating them and hadn’t told anyone else. They were spotted, fleets were formed, and they were dropped.

I’m not sure how you got the information you published in this article but it’s 100% incorrect.

Also, this incident lasted about 10 mins. Not an hour.

April 8, 2019 at 1:03 PM