The battle of Seshala

Moomin Amatin 2017-06-21

Failing to get a foothold

NC have not been having a lot of luck of late with their attempts to solidify their base of operations in Khanid. They have been basing out of Gehi in order to fight The Legacy coalition along with their long time partners PL. The heroic efforts of The Imperium have significantly delayed the NC plans to dominate Brave and control the HED-GP gate into Catch.

The Legacy coalition has been resisting the attempts of PL and NC to move into Catch as well. PL for instance has had their previously held sov in Catch taken back as can be seen here.

This has resulted in quite a bit of action in the region in which The Legacy coalition is holding their ground. Some coalitions, desiring to block NC from achieving their goals, have offered their help, including the Imperium.

Co2: True Colours

Co2 had already declared war on The Imperium several months ago during a SOTA (State of the Alliance) address. This action on the part of Co2 was, according to sources, done without consulting their coalition brethren in The Legacy.  Most aren’t surprised by this and will be as unsurprised by their complete failure to press the war against The Imperium.

At most a few bombers tried to harass Delve residents but they were soon cleared off. Co2 then tried to attack other holdings of The Imperium within the region of Catch. The structure in question was placed there with the permission of The Legacy coalition. But then Co2 decided to take it upon themselves to try and break the agreement. This is a story that has been seen before.

The observant will have already picked up on the fact that something has happened involving the parties mentioned. Before we get too far into that, a little more detail is required.

NC is still determined to increase their options in Khanid and as such we saw a Reddit post earlier today, 2017-06-20, about a new citadel drop. This was in the system of Seshala which is next to Gehi.

A lot of people turned up, seemingly all to assist NCperiod. Triumvirate, PL and several other entities including CVA arrived to help out. The most surprising of this group was none other than Co2. Yes, you did read that correct, Co2 was fighting on the side of NC.

This is the same Co2 that turned traitor during The Casino War. The same Co2 that relied heavily on help from Test as NC and PL kicked them out of the region of Tribute. You guessed it: the same Co2 that is looking to destabilise Catch.

Notice Served?

Could this mean that Co2 are already setting up the next traitorous action? Why else would any clear thinking individual support those who had beat on them so thoroughly in the past? Their assist of NC only serves the long-term interests of PL and NC, but with their history with NC and their frequent treachery who knows what their true motives are?

What Provi knows is that winter is coming and there is a lot of chatter that Provi will be invaded due to the vast wealth associated with the stations that are being converted into special citadels. This was explained at length by Prov-Bloc FC and CSM representative Jin’Taan. One can only hope that this future war will be given a good name such as the Winter War.

The cynical of you may think that this is all “spin” and “Kool-Aid”. This is understandable, but you can watch the whole fight here, if you doubt the actions of Co2. Or watch it anyway, as it was a good battle.

The Azbel NC attempted to drop still died despite the trap. The Imperium has that going for them, though it may be a small consolation given the Battle Report.

How this is going to play out in the long term is going to be very interesting. As you would expect here at INN we will try to keep you informed of the action in and around Catch.

Editor’s Note: There were some errors in the article previously implying that an agreement had been made between CO2 and Imperium, and that PL had regained sov. These errors came in during saving mid-edit and not publishing the latest version. They have now been corrected to state that the agreement was between Legacy Coalition and Imperium, and that PL has lost sov.

Comments

• Rammel Kas

I think it will certainly be interesting to watch the posturing before the Trophy War kicks off.

June 21, 2017 at 11:59 am
    • Moomin Amatin Rammel Kas

“The Trophy Wars”…..?!?

I am not sure that I approve of such creativity to be quite honest.

Personally my vote is for “The Winter War”, good stuff yes?

June 21, 2017 at 1:07 pm
      • Winter war. I assume named after the sharp decrease in global funds available after the fighter/drone nerf -.-

June 21, 2017 at 1:20 pm
        • Vagabond Alot

you should call it the ‘we didnt want that win anyway’ war so that you are less salty at the end. you will also be in a position to spin your loss without straining your imagination too hard.

June 21, 2017 at 5:51 pm
          • Alot Vagabond

I didn’t use drones or fighters to farm. I’m too lazy to handle the micro-management for such tedious tasks ^^

June 21, 2017 at 7:25 pm
      • Marian Ollhoff Moomin Amatin

What about the legacy war? Because of both the stations and the legacy coalition which will probably play a bigger role in this

June 21, 2017 at 5:53 pm
  • QD

Thanks i needed the chuckles from this muchas gracias

June 21, 2017 at 1:21 pm
    • Moomin Amatin QD

😉

June 21, 2017 at 4:29 pm
  • Sedona Visteen

Heh, Battered Wife Syndrome is still alive and kicking. Once a traitor, always a traitor. I’m glad Gigx still hasn’t bought a clue. Time to have some real fun.

June 21, 2017 at 1:43 pm
  • disqus_42LVG0en5J

“The heroic efforts of The Imperium have significantly delayed the NC plans to dominate Brave and control the HED-GP gate into Catch”

What are you even on about?

June 21, 2017 at 2:40 pm
    • It’s the kind of amateur propaganda that will make your article completely unbelievable to even your own audience.

June 21, 2017 at 3:15 pm
      • Moomin Amatin Rolfski

By all means let me know what bit is so wrong here and I will gladly fix it. Unlike some I have the ability to admit error quite happily.

I look forward to hearing from you.

June 21, 2017 at 4:15 pm
        • Rolfski Moomin Amatin

You should refrain from blatant propaganda and respect your audience to be intelligent enough to make their own judgement, THAT’s what’s wrong.

The amount of disrespect you have here for your audience is unfreakin-believable. You treat the average goon here as some dumb sheep that you can shoe-horn in oldschool-style propaganda as if this is Germany in the thirties and expect him to swallow it like a mindless chicken. What the heck is wrong with you?

Now if this was to be some over-the-top, sarcastic, meme-heavy State Of The Alliance, designed to be humorous and actually funny, that would be perfectly fine. But it isn’t, you’re actually serious about this one-sided trash and really expect people to believe this. You’re so out of reality it’s not even funny.

June 21, 2017 at 8:35 pm
          • Moomin Amatin Rolfski

The interesting thing about text is that some people are predisposed to reading it in the way that they want to receive it.

If you were to read what I write as if you were contacted by a long lost friend you would have a different opinion.

Although you say this is blatant propaganda I would suggest that what I hinted at here is exactly what is happening in 3D-C right now. So do I still seem so out of touch?

Perhaps the only disrespectful one here is actually you. But that is your choice dear and I do not intend to tell you how to think or act.

Anyway, well done for pointing out a factual error and I am glad I was able to clear that up for you.

June 21, 2017 at 10:12 pm
          • Rolfski Moomin Amatin

Are you actually serious? Do you really believe this whole typical “look here, CO2 are evil traitors again” bullshit shout be considered factual “news” and not propaganda? Don’t make me laugh, seriously.

And what happened to presenting the whole picture? Goons lost terribly on the ISK war in this battle, but of course you wouldn’t read that in this “all-but-terrible-propaganda rapport” of yours.

You also wrongly present this as a key battle that is the turnaround in the outcome of a major strategic effort, in which goons fought “heroicly” to stop evil forces that want to “destabilise Catch”. Lol.

If this is not amateur propaganda with complete lack of respect for the intelligence of your audience, then I don’t know what is.

June 21, 2017 at 10:38 pm
          • Moomin Amatin Rolfski

I think that the general consensus is that Co2 are treacherous. So this is not The Imperium propaganda or koolaid it is simply a fact. Deny it all you want but Grath and Tarkinius also say the same as do others. So Co2 being traitors is not “news” but it is a fact that adds substance to the piece.

I mention the ISK lost when I refer to the battle report. So you could have read about it should you have taken the time to look.

The battle is key as it shows that Co2 are quite happy to work with NC to their own detriment.

June 22, 2017 at 7:41 am
          • Rolfski Moomin Amatin

Obviously you have no clue whatsoever what separates blatant (and therefore amateur) propaganda from news reporting (hint: using adjectives like “treacherous” is blatant propaganda). I suggest you take a crash course for dummies on the basics of journalism and writing articles, before INN ever allows you to insult the intelligence of your own audience again.

And no, you didn’t mention the ISK war and this single battle is by no means a turnaround, even if there was a real strategic effort going on (which is highly debatable, but of course as a typical goon you rather prefer to see a conspiracy behind everything vs recognizing that players might actually move South just to have fun and shoot stuff).

June 23, 2017 at 12:00 pm
          • Moomin Amatin Rolfski

Obviously you have no clue whatsoever what separates reality from a video game. To be unable to make the distinction would seem to indicate that you should at least reflect on this situation. When a player is killed in game do you also call the police? Or report a mass battle to the UN?

Meanwhile back in the game I have conducted extensive research and can confirm that Co2 are considered traitors by PL and FCON leadership as well as The Imperium. So if the majority decides that they are indeed traitors then that kind of makes it a fact. Something something perception is reality.

There is clearly a BR linked here which has all the ISK values and I also use the word “consolation”. Why would I deny another great site clicks?

Not sure where you are getting the Co2 obsession bit from either. Co2 are in this article due to the assistance they are willing to give to NC. I hint at what I felt would be likely to happen in the area as a result. What I predicted could happen did so in less than 24 hours.

June 23, 2017 at 7:17 pm
          • Rolfski Moomin Amatin

You’re completely missing the point here, but by now I’m seriously doubting if you will ever get it.
            Who thinks CO2 are traitors or not is irrelevant. The fact that you mention them as such, together with your completely one-sided report on the battle (illustrated by not mentioning the ISK war and using cringy wordings like “heroic effort of The Imperium”) is an assault on the intelligence of your audience and instantly degenerates your article to amateur propaganda.

June 24, 2017 at 5:17 pm
          • Moomin Amatin Rolfski

Oh I get your point and it would have some validity if I was writing about a war in the real world or a famine somewhere. Meanwhile I am writing about a video game.

June 24, 2017 at 9:31 pm
          • Rolfski Moomin Amatin

Guess what, like real world you can write really bad about video games as well. In fact, you’ve just proved it.

June 25, 2017 at 7:52 pm
          • Moomin Amatin Rolfski

Thank you for your valued input. I am so glad you were able to get there in the end.

June 26, 2017 at 11:45 am
    • Moomin Amatin disqus_42LVG0en5J

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the killboards.

Action has been seen in both Seshala, which I have written about here, Auga for the keepstar defense that failed. The rest of the systems at time of writing are as follows:

Stargate (V-3YG7)
      Stargate (Keberz)
      Stargate (15W-GC)
      Stargate (HED-GP)
      Stargate (SV5-8N)
      Stargate (E-OGL4)
      Stargate (GE-8JV)

If you have any doubt as to NC desire for activity in Catch then I would love to know where it is coming from. The Legacy filled Catch with pet alliances so that they did not have to live in the space. Brave being the main one. The same Brave who PL “encouraged” to move yet again.

The actions of The Imperium have hindered NC’s operations in the area. Personally I can only hope that The Imperium just leaves NC/PL to it and to site back and watch Catch and the surrounding area be burnt to the ground.

June 21, 2017 at 4:09 pm
      • disqus_42LVG0en5J Moomin Amatin

I suppose I’ll bite.

We have yet to see any sov action from NC. PL have taken a few token systems in Catch which were recaptured shortly thereafter, and it seems these were merely to generate some fights, such as the citadel dropped in GE-.

The adage “the simplest answer is usually the best” goes far in this case. The narrative you have spun above concerning some grand design to take sov in the south or threaten Imperium space is far too complex for the situation.

As a rebut, I’ll advance that they’re just in the area because it’s where people are fighting and having fun.

June 21, 2017 at 4:16 pm
        • Moomin Amatin disqus_42LVG0en5J

Oh for sure they are in the area just for fun. Just not the fun of The Legacy or others in the area.

As for the other bit, well how many times have PL worm-tongued others to advance the interests of PL? How many times has the likes of Test, Brave and others benefited from them being used by PL?

“Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.”

Although I do make an unusually advanced prediction it is not as if it is without merit. Unless you have something to counter that of course.

June 21, 2017 at 4:20 pm
          • disqus_42LVG0en5J Moomin Amatin

Soften your position on this. If you’re NC/PL and want some content, you obviously can’t look north as the north is blue/semi blue. East is nothing but moon person timezone activity or renters who will not fight.

Whereas you might see a grand conspiracy for some kind of move on the south, I see the easiest route to some fights. I suppose I just don’t see a grand conspiracy of cloaks and daggers from smoke filled rooms.

The south is the logical place where you find strong alliances willing to put up a fight if someone pokes them.

June 21, 2017 at 4:36 pm
          • Moomin Amatin disqus_42LVG0en5J

Co2 have aligned with NC, the evidence is there for all to see.

Also I am not sure I am blaming PL/NC here. It is like the scorpion and the frog fable.

I also agree with you that from The Culture all the way clockwise to The Legacy is a super coalition. So about three quarters of the map is all blue to each other in practice. Odd that the alleged purpose of The Casino War was to break up the big blue donut and yet it is bigger now than it ever was.

June 21, 2017 at 4:48 pm
          • Marian Ollhoff Moomin Amatin

My guess is that gigx just got a grudge against goons. Since every single fleet where we allied with nc was a gigx fleet.

But with me being an ex goon i guess its part of the bee culture to see a conspiracy in everything.

Its just a game after all and to be honest i like the co2 way with less diplomatics simulator and more “just have some good fights and shoot them” more than anything else i experienced so far in eve

June 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
  • Poleman

Did you join efforts with Seraph to write this bullshit? Not even plausible to the dumbest imperium member.

Seriously. Put some effort.

June 21, 2017 at 3:22 pm
    • Moomin Amatin Poleman

Well you know there was no collaboration as I have not claimed any reward for the work of others. Also I did not talk about myself a lot, in the third person or place in a quote I made.

June 21, 2017 at 4:14 pm
  • Arrendis

A sentiment sure to inspire trust and loyalty in your allies, however often they change.

June 21, 2017 at 4:24 pm
    • Vagabond Arrendis

all co2 allies approve of shooting shitlords, so yes.

June 21, 2017 at 5:48 pm
      • TyroneCashmoney Vagabond

And eventually they’ll shoot you too.

June 22, 2017 at 7:14 pm
  • Marian Ollhoff

Im sorry moomin, but this article is just cheap propaganda.

Co2 doesnt have any aggreements with goons, as does the coalition. Coalition members handle most of their diplomatics for themselfes. It’s more a EU than a US, at least somewhat. Its not the same type of homogenous coalition as the imperium. I think the only member that got aggreements with the imperium is test, and that is because of the region they live in.

Also Co2 isnt in any case “looking to destabilise Catch” by shooting goons. Also the 10 man orthrus gangs from NC. arent the biggest destabilisator in the region. That spot is reserved for the imperium.
    According to zkill goons were by far the most active alliance in catch during April and May pvp wise.
    I was member of brave for a couple of weeks before i left and joined co2 in may, and you simply werent able to make any money ratting or mining because there were almost hourly goon roams taking place.

June 21, 2017 at 5:18 pm
    • Moomin Amatin Marian Ollhoff

Hello dear. I know Co2 does not have any. For reasons not clear to me what I originally wrote and what was published do not match up. I will of course address each of your concerns though. So to clarify:

The Imperium does not have any agreements with Co2.

Co2 has declared war on The Imperium and Co2 is working with NC period. With the intentions of NC. quite clear how is the action of Co2 helping stabilise Catch?

Why do you think Brave were given that region of space?

Anyhoo again thank you for your comments and I hope that the correct article is in place soon. Do shout if you have any other elements you disagree with and I will do my best to answer them.

June 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
      • Marian Ollhoff Moomin Amatin

Brave getting that part of the south might be debatable, but that was not my point.

My point was that you at the same time talk about “The heroic efforts of The Imperium” to save catch from NC and then send all of your funroams (and that is a lot with a 33k man coalition) and deploy your squads to that region and call co2 destabilisators because they are fighting against you.

The difference between NC.’s roams and imperium roams are their numbers. While brave can easily form 30 dudes to fight the nc roam, they wont have the ability to form enough to counter a 100 man imperium “fun roam”

June 21, 2017 at 5:49 pm
        • Moomin Amatin Marian Ollhoff

Well do let me know how the relationship Co2 has with NC. works out for you all.

June 21, 2017 at 5:57 pm
          • Marian Ollhoff Moomin Amatin

It works out in the way of getting nice killmails for now. Impass wont really be affected by that. Basically the same way test’s aggreements with goons work out for them. They get some roams in catch for the content and still have nice ratting space. While smaller coalition members suffer from that.

Another reason gigx might have allied with nc to shoot goons is exactly that aggreement. When we tried to take the goon fort in catch we didnt recieve any help from other coalitionpartners, the only ones that formed to help us were fcon, which are supposed to be neutral to us. So why not team up with other entitys?

June 21, 2017 at 6:16 pm
          • Moomin Amatin Marian Ollhoff

You can team up with whoever you wish. Just do not be surprised when you end up moving again.

June 21, 2017 at 6:18 pm
          • Marian Ollhoff Moomin Amatin

Ah btw, the corrected version is even worse than the previous.

“The structure in question was placed there with the permission of The Legacy coalition. But then Co2 decided to take it upon themselves to try and break the agreement.”

As far as i know it was only test who had these aggreements, not the coalition. As i stated earlier, most diplomatic aggreements are on alliance level, not coalition level. So co2 didnt break any aggreement by shooting the citadel.

June 21, 2017 at 6:25 pm
          • Vagabond Marian Ollhoff

i dont think he plays the game i think he just sits writing bullshit all day. his number one source of intel must be the mittanis cornhole

June 21, 2017 at 7:02 pm
          • Moomin Amatin Vagabond

A well presented argument. Well done you.

June 21, 2017 at 8:13 pm
          • Moomin Amatin Marian Ollhoff

“As far as I know”, that my dear is your error.

But Co2 are of course fine to shoot at us. Just as they are free to declare war on whoever they want. Or to help NC if they should choose. This is kind of the point of the article in some respects.

June 21, 2017 at 8:12 pm
  • Vagabond

co2 want to shaft you same as they did yesterday and the day before. probably because you all live in cloud cuckoo land, as demonstrated by this post. not sure where the treachery is in that. third partying on the side of panfam for the purposes of successfully shafting you has nothing to do with any treachory, unless you are under the delusion that co2 is on your side. you can check your killboard for the last year to be undelusionified. as for the panfam footholds in catch, co2 formed to kill those with real fleets to fight panfam. i remember goons showing up to third party in ceptor/jackdaw gangs, predictably, i suppose you were intending to structure bash with those? so yes, 100% of your post is fueled by the koolaid.

June 21, 2017 at 5:44 pm
    • Moomin Amatin Vagabond

I have no doubt of Co2’s intentions. The bit I find funny though is that yet again Co2 will suffer more in the end. You only need look at the actions of Co2 over the last 2 years to see that every terrible situation they end up in is one of their own making.

Time will tell which one of us is right in all of this and I am happy to wait. I will be most disappointed if you do not tell me how wrong I was in say a years time.

June 21, 2017 at 5:53 pm
      • Marian Ollhoff Moomin Amatin

And despite all that co2 is still standing and stronger than ever before i guess.

June 21, 2017 at 5:58 pm