As I write this, there are scant few hours left in the year 2020, the annus horribilis. In the spirit of everlasting hope and boundless optimism, here’s to 2021 being a better year.
In the spirit of the new year and resolutions, here are my top 10 things I would like to see happen in EVE to make 2021 a great year.
- Respect for the players. I am not alone in the perception that CCP has a certain disdainful view of their player base. Preemptively dismissing any player feedback to changes left the player base with a rather poor taste in their mouth. Of the tens of thousands of people that play this game, there are a lot of incredibly smart people. Even if CCP disagrees, they can interact with their players with less arrogance than the Goa’uld.
- Empress Jamyl to come back. I really, really want this and don’t care how. She just needs to come back. I still haven’t gotten over her brutal murder at the hands of
- Something to be done about cloaking. My recent article on cloaking garnered more comments than any other piece INN ran this year. Clearly there are strong feelings on both sides of the argument. However, I think that it’s pretty clear something must be done about cloaking.
- Better PVE. PVE in EVE is the worst in any MMO I’ve ever played. It’s repetitive, basic, boring, and mind-numbing. Sadly, making a better PVE experience might be a project taking years while game systems are revamped, but CCP can get started in 2021.
- More massive supercapital brawls! M2 was a great way to end 2020 with a bang. 254 bangs to be exact, plus many smaller bangs. Great job to everyone involved.
- Empress Catiz to be replaced by the resurrected Empress Jamyl. Do I need to explain this? Catiz is a bust of an Empress. Saint Jamyl was a dynamic figure that was great for the storyline.
- Weekly downtime! The moonshot of my wish list. I hope that 2021 brings the end of daily downtime and a change to a weekly maintenance cycle. If CCP wants to get universal love from all the players, this is the way.
- Fixing titans and supercarriers. Ideally, everyone with a titan and/or a supercarrier would wake up one day with a pile of minerals in their hangar where an overpowered ship was. Since that won’t happen, CCP should keep paring them down to something less than overpowered. The economy isn’t the issue; the ships are the issue. As long as titans retain their apex advantage, people will keep building as many as they can.
- A better server. The EVE server is the best, but fighter command in time dilation is the worst. The server can always be better. This should not take away from the fact that the server held up extremely well in the battle of M2.
- This isn’t EVE related at all, but I want to be able to kill people with my mind. Do you, dear reader, have any idea how much less stress I would have to endure if I could do this?! Immoral: yes. Unethical: absolutely. Illegal: extremely. Satisfying: very. The next time I dealt with a Karen, I would stop having to deal with a Karen.
Well, here’s to a better 2021 to everyone.