Northern Coalition Supers and Titans Going Down as The Imperium Moves to Attack

Macky Avelli 2017-08-04

Not long after the much anticipated State of the Goonion and subsequent Imperium deployment to the North, the kills are pouring in. The Imperium’s strategy of holding their cards close to their chest appears to have paid off, as NC. continues to scramble to get defenses into place. An Initiative structure bashing fleets that was about to stand down caught reports of NC. titans and supers being stranded after having their exit cyno popped. With regional allies SnuffBox and Project.Mayhem getting the initial tackle, the Init fleet jumped in and quickly went to work. The ensuing battle wound up seeing NC. lose 360b ISK worth of ships, compared to a paltry 35m ISK worth of ships lost on the Imperium’s side, with killmails still coming in. We’ll continue watching this situation and reporting any new information as it comes in!

UPDATE: We caught up with The Initiative’s leader Sister Bliss, who also happened to be an FC for INIT’s fleet earlier today. Initial reports of a cyno being killed and causing this were not quite on the mark. The INIT. fleet had indeed spotted the NC. supers on the way back from reffing structures, but there was a bit more nuance to the strategy of capturing them. Realizing that NC. had just completed a move op the day before, the INIT. FCs wagered that these supers may try to go from gate to gate to get to their destination.

“We couldn’t get any HICs ahead of them without being spotted so called up our friends in Snuff who quickly arranged some tackle,” Sister Bliss tells us, “To avoid setting off any alarm bells we stood our fleet down and sat waiting with a ping ready to go out, and within 5 mins the NC. supers warped to the gate and jumped unsuspectingly into their doom.” Doomed indeed were the NC. fleet, as once the SnuffBox fleet had the supers tackled, INIT rage pinged a fleet and wound up smashing 436b ISK worth of NC. supers and titans.

Sister Bliss would like to congratulate Dark, Pando and Soraya on their efforts, and extends thanks to SnuffBox for their help with a great bunch of kills. Keep your eyes open on Imperium News for more updates from the war front!

Comments

• Rhivre

Crikey. Move ops are dangerous if you take gates.

August 4, 2017 at 8:15 pm
    • Rammel Kas Rhivre

I think they were loaded in fatigue and missed their cyno. Trying to rush back from an ill-advised deployment away from space they actually want to keep.

August 5, 2017 at 7:32 am
  • Moomin Amatin

So what is this value in the terms of Rorquals?

August 4, 2017 at 8:15 pm
    • IV Dystopia Moomin Amatin

50 Rorquals approximately…

August 4, 2017 at 8:19 pm
    • literaltrance Moomin Amatin

a few more than this many:

Still waiting on the imperium article that covers them stubbing their toe as they walk out the front door…. ^_^

August 4, 2017 at 9:39 pm
      • IV Dystopia literaltrance

Already done is this where I help you learn to navigate a website?

August 4, 2017 at 9:50 pm
        • literaltrance IV Dystopia

The three of you apparently missed the point, which is: none of this is “war” news.

How about a real article about a real engagement? It’s been a week for fuck’s sake.

August 6, 2017 at 6:40 pm
          • Rhivre literaltrance

You asked about the article about “the imperium stubbing their toes”, you were linked it.

It has been 4 days since the SOTA, not 7.

https://imperium.news/nc-loki-fleet-dunked-alt-defense-fleet/ Happened last night.

There is an article in the works about Sotiyo timers last night.

Which engagements are you referring to that have been missed that are “real engagements”? Just so I know which ones to look for in future.

August 6, 2017 at 8:59 pm
          • literaltrance Rhivre

I’m guessing I should have said “Anxiously awaiting” to better accentuate the sarcasm. I’ll take the fall for this one.

Either way, both of the articles cover engagements not exactly flattering of a “war effort:”
            -the first involves a slaughtering of industrials (which happens outside of war time semi-regularly)
            -the second is taking credit for a battle in which the claiming party was not directly involved.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that a “real” article would cover a goon org battling an NC/MC org. yes?

Also, I was sure “SOTA,” as you call it, was Monday. Well, it’s Sunday, so that’s 7 days at my count, and 5 since I first posted.

August 6, 2017 at 9:06 pm
          • Moomin Amatin literaltrance

Eve is not a Call of Duty or League of Legends match. If you want a quick fix then perhaps these are more deserving of your attention.

Although I would have thought that at least the 400 billion plus loss by NC to The Initiative and friends would meet your criteria.

August 7, 2017 at 7:39 am
          • literaltrance Moomin Amatin

LOL, not CoD or LoL. Thanks for that. Only been playing EVE 12 years…

And no, it doesn’t. I told you why.

August 7, 2017 at 1:50 pm
          • Moomin Amatin literaltrance

You started playing Eve as soon as you fell from the womb? Wow, impressive.

Anyhoo the SOTG was on Wednesday. I know, “I was there”.

As for the articles on more major losses. They are both important and relate to the actions and intent of the participants. Are there any engagements you would like us to report on?

August 7, 2017 at 5:00 pm
          • literaltrance Moomin Amatin

Belittle me all you like. The fact remains: the two articles mentioned reflect poorly the idea of two armed forces engaged in “war.” I love popping industrials as much as the next guy, but it’s quite a stretch to suggest popping a dozen rorqs is somehow a strategically-pivotal battle. Likewise, when third parties get a lucky score on a moving op, and an entity who WAS NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THE ENGAGEMENT attempts to take credit for the kills, that’s not only a desperate exercise in media spin, but patently false.

The only thing I’ll concede is that I may not have been clear in my original post when it came to the sarcasm, so let me address the ambiguity. In short, the two articles mentioned are yawn articles, mostly because the content they cover is tertiary and essentially meaningless.

Here’s a silver platter moment for you: is there an article about THIS battle?

Sorry if there is, it’s just that I’ve been too busy scraping the placenta off my body.

Oh also, go fuck yourself.

August 7, 2017 at 10:56 pm
          • Moomin Amatin literaltrance

The Initiative are members of The Imperium. With them having the most characters involved in the NC titan kills I think that it is fair to say that this was a win for The Imperium. I can only think that you are under the belief that The Initiative is not part of The Imperium, is this right?

And yes there is an article mentioning the BR you have linked. It is this one https://imperium.news/nc-loki-fleet-dunked-alt-defense-fleet/ .

My “joke” was meant as that. You see you were complaining about something as you do not believe is relevant. This is fine but you were not coming across overly well and it was simply too much for me to resist. My apologies as it seems to have upset more than intended.

So just to make it clear. The stories that have been run so far are appropriate with what has been happening. As much as many of us would love to see a large battle report, in player numbers that is, it simply has not happened as yet. When it does rest assured it will be covered on INN. The articles we have provided do offer detail into the larger picture though. This is their purpose and you will continue to see them as some of our readers like to have information on the larger scale of things.

August 8, 2017 at 12:32 am
      • Maybe you should read faster.

August 6, 2017 at 5:12 am
  • Great fight, guys! Awesome!

August 5, 2017 at 5:49 am
  • Empanada

baaa, we all know the casinos will return they money right…. casino still a thing now right??? RIGHT??? guys?? right?

August 7, 2017 at 5:11 pm