2019 CSM Election Official Ballot (Official)

Paramemetic 2019-06-14

Another year has ticked by so quickly! Spring has sprung, the Imperium is burning down some Northern backwater, and, as surely as the Delve Time Unit rises, the CSM elections are upon us.  As all diligent goons and Imperium allies know, the official ballot was released earlier this week.  Those who are so fortunate as to log into the Goonfleet forums have surely already done their duty.  But for the benefit of our loyal followers abroad, our various supporters and readers from outside the Imperium, and our incredibly numerous fifth columnists, spies, infiltrators, deep cover moles, and Manchurian candidates, the Imperium’s leadership has provided you with the correct choices to win this year’s ballot!

First, log in to the CSM ballot!  Then, arrange candidates like so:

1. Aryth – Official leader of the entire CSM, eternally.
  2. Merkelchen – KarmaFleet director and general good guy.
  3. Innominate – Another poor soul cursed to live on the CSM despite his best efforts.
  4. The Judge – Well known hero.
  5. Vily – A guy from TEST.
  6. Dunk Dinkle – A guy I actually like a lot, from Brave. He has a good attitude.
  7. Sort Dragon – From Dead Coalition to dead immediately from being on the CSM.
  8. Killah Bee – Please vote for this man, he desperately needs a win.
  9. Steve Ronuken – A guy from highsec who also has been on the CSM a lot.
  10. Xenuria – Yes.

It should look like this, if you’ve done it correctly!

If you haven’t done this correctly, please try again!

Then simply click the orange “submit vote” button and you, too, will be personally responsible for having selected the heroes that will continue to help CCP keep this game existing.

For those of you having difficulty with the instructions, the Ministry of Truth has produced this helpful infographic!

Now that you’ve completed your vote, and voted correctly, let me be the first to say congratulations! To those of you who voted using alternative, incorrect ballots, however, I express my deep condolences. You should probably consider registering more Omega accounts and voting correctly. After all, why play at all if you can’t win? Unanchor your metaphorical Keepstars of bad ballots, dock up your fleets of wrong nominations, and join the winning side with an Imperium ballot, today!

Comments

• Seraph IX Basarab

8 Goons/Goon pets. Nice. Looking forward to fully automated luxury Rorquals.

June 14, 2019 at 4:22 pm
    • I must have missed those being mentioned in the CSM notes. Could you please cite your source?

After the multiple rounds buffs to the Rorqual, though, this does not surprise me.

June 14, 2019 at 4:49 pm
      • Garreth Vlox Xandryll

The last three patches that touched rorqs included nerfs to the ships so…?

June 14, 2019 at 9:04 pm
        • Xandryll Garreth Vlox

Things Seraph says vs. the reality of what the CSM and CCP did. A bit sarcastic I guess?

June 15, 2019 at 2:22 am
      • Seraph IX Basarab Xandryll

Token nerfs like “now you’re only invincible in your rorqual for 5 minutes instead of 6!” clearly destroy my point with REASON & LOGIC

June 15, 2019 at 4:09 am
    • J Moravia Seraph IX Basarab

Literally the entire point of a democratic form of government is for people to elect officials who are going to represent their interests.

June 14, 2019 at 6:46 pm
      • Seraph IX Basarab J Moravia

Oh yes democracy where people are told who to vote for. And when 80 percent of those people are Goon/Goon pets I’m sure the majority of the player base are being represented.

June 14, 2019 at 7:47 pm
        • J Moravia Seraph IX Basarab

People being told who to vote for happens in literally every democracy. Newspapers, labor unions, and celebrities endorse candidates. Special-interest groups publish lists of their preferred candidates. I get that you never pass up a chance to try and put one over on goons, but you’re seriously arguing from ignorance (more than usual) here.

The Imperium only represents about 20% of the entire player count of the nullsec blocs. If we do land eight of ourselves / our friends on the CSM, that means a whole lot of people besides us voted for our people.

June 14, 2019 at 10:09 pm
          • Seraph IX Basarab J Moravia

Democracy running like shit in “literally every democracy” doesn’t mean the same thing isn’t played out here. “They do it too” isn’t a counter argument to what I said.

If you land yourself those candidates it doesn’t mean “other people voted for them too.” It means the votes of other people were divided/not manipulated into a bloc vote. 2 from highsec, 2 from lowsec, 2 from nullsec and 2 from wormhole (btw) and maybe 2 wild cards would be fine rather than the usual 0.0 blob candidates who mostly have F1 experience.

June 14, 2019 at 11:08 pm
          • J Moravia Seraph IX Basarab

“What you said” seems to be that there is something fundamentally unjust with either (1) the largest group in the game getting the largest representation in an elected body, or (2) a 50k member coalition telling its people, many of whom don’t follow EVE as closely as we do and many of whom don’t speak English, who are the best people to vote for in terms of representing those people’s own interests to the CSM. You are spectacularly wrong about both of those.

June 15, 2019 at 12:45 am
          • Seraph IX Basarab J Moravia

“Largest representation” doesn’t necessarily mean most or close to all. tbh I wouldn’t really care if we had more varied representation. If you could take off your Goon goggles for a second and think about the game for it’s own health I’m sure you’d agree. Having a variety of perspectives rather than just the same null blob talking heads would be better.

June 15, 2019 at 1:40 am
          • A list was posted but who willingly does the actual voting? The player. If it is my choice to democratically vote the same way as every other goon then who are you to tell me I’m wrong? My vote. My choice. If you want to organize highsec, lowsec, WH space and FW into a bloc with voting power then good luck, Sir. Then you may have enough votes to elect someone.

Do they still do the survey thing to show recommended candidates by the way?

June 15, 2019 at 2:32 am
          • Seraph IX Basarab Xandryll

In theory that sounds nice. In practice however such groups cannot organize the same way because the game their playing is vastly different than yours. This is like saying “lol why don’t wormholers just all blue up and fight everyone.” A true lack of understanding.

In the end we lose out because we have a majority CSM that all think mostly the same with a bias that favors their side/play style.

June 15, 2019 at 2:36 am
          • It is not a lack of understanding on my part. Organizing is a difficult task for any group. The current groups just went through all of the failures while learning the lessons of what not to do and what does not work. Null sec learned their voices were not being heard when CCP implemented major changes while the CSM gave their big blue thumbs up of approval. A lesson which null sec learned from their failure to be engaged and represented on the CSM.

Yes, I know all of those groups are fragmented. If they cannot put aside their differences, make concessions between them and put together a strong candidate to represent them all then the voting meta will brush them aside. Giving them a handicap in the elections will only water down the quality of the CSM. Can you point to an issue backed up by evidence that shows the nullsec dominated CSM forced CCP to make a change or put an issue on the back burner which would have only helped highsec? I would love to hear about such an instance provided you can cite sources which I can see for myself.

I agree that candidates have a bias towards their play style. But I do not personally believe that members of the CSM would prop up their own play style at the expense of the game. Again, I look forward to hearing your side of the argument.

June 15, 2019 at 3:36 am
          • Seraph IX Basarab Xandryll

No it’s not that “these groups just happen to be fragmented.” The geography of where they are playing literally doesn’t allow for the same amount of blob consolidation as nullsec. That’s where you are lacking understanding.

Nobody said that the CSM “forced” CCP to make changes. But when they are only hearing 1 opinion with slight variations coming at them, of course it’s going to influence their decisions. If most of the CSM was PanFam you’d be howling bloody murder.

June 15, 2019 at 4:12 am
          • Those groups do not have the numbers separately so I was trying to offer an idea to work within the existing voting system. Together they cannot have a perfect single candidate but divided they don’t have a viable candidate.

The first thing you said was, “Looking forward to fully automated luxury Rorquals.” Even taken as a joke, your implication is there. I still would like to know of an issue which the CSM influenced against and resulted in a net loss for highsec please. I stand by my statement which places faith in the CSM to assist in maintaining the health of the game to the best of their ability. This includes Killah Bee. You state that I would be howling bloody murder if the CSM was mostly PamFam entities. I live in the same null sec they live in. Is Killah Bee on this voting ballot to throw PamFam a bone? Killah Bee wants a strong and healthy nullsec. He is a CSM that represents me just as much as any other. Would a PamFam led CSM steer CCP and nullsec towards a rental income best income system? Are Goon CSM’s responsible for the activity based, get people out in space doing things economic system we have now?

June 15, 2019 at 5:31 am
          • Seraph IX Basarab Xandryll

It’s not that the CSM can choose the direction CCP is going. But it can help guide it. When you have the majority of candidates who’s game experience is nullsec bloc level type interactions, they’re not going to properly advise for other gameplay styles…game play styles that made Eve the popular game it was. You should really read Jester’s AMA on reddit about many of the surrounding issues.

“Is X going to happen if blah blah blah.” Stop using such strawman language. Nobody is making the inane claims you are suggesting.

June 15, 2019 at 5:58 am
          • Then tell me why I would freak out with a PamFam led CSM. Tell me how the nullsec block level CSM’s bias affected the latest CSM Summit. Point out where and perhaps I will agree with you. I’m making the claims because you’re not providing evidence. If they aren’t going to properly advise then show me where they did not properly advise.

June 15, 2019 at 6:17 am
          • Seraph IX Basarab Xandryll

Because you would see it as unfair if a single coalition or their pets had 80 percent of the presence in the CSM.

Have you been paying attention to the past 3 years in regards to nullsec buffs?

June 15, 2019 at 6:50 am
          • Yes, I have been paying attention to things which have happened in nullsec. Citadels added capabilities to those willing to invest and secure such investments. Not all nullsec regions are finding such prosperity. With the proper time, effort and capital invested into a region, yes, the potential is very high. But it can all be undone.

In the recent Winter 2019 CSM minutes, Brisc Rubal had critiques of citadels which caused a discussion. There was also significant talks of ways to reduce income generation for nullsec through various ways in the ECONOMY, ISK GENERATION AND MINING section of the summit minutes. The entire capital balance section can also be lumped into nullsec entities taking a look at themselves primarily. Is it perfect? No. The CSM Minutes get into War Declaration mechanics which were introduced. Unfortunately, I did not see anything in the winter summit minutes to get at FW or WH space but I do not believe the CSM members set the topics.

June 15, 2019 at 7:49 am
          • Moomin Amatin Xandryll

You are trying to have a reasonable discussion with someone who is keen to see “local” removed as it helps them get “dank frags”. Also this person somehow thinks that they played an instrumental part in the Co2 betrayal from The Casino War. I could go on but I think you get the point ;-).

June 15, 2019 at 8:49 am
          • Xandryll Moomin Amatin

Well leave it to Seraph to shamelessly plug his gripes with Eve article so it can get a few more clicks…

June 15, 2019 at 4:49 pm
          • Seraph IX Basarab Xandryll

“Just build your own citadel spammed region.” lolokay.jpg

I’m glad Brisc tried to address what has been obvious for a few years now. I won’t hold my breath for results. In any case my main point that it’s better to have a varied group of CSM members rather than 9 of 10 nullblob members, 8 of those Goons/Goon pets.

June 15, 2019 at 5:10 pm
          • Name one of the aforementioned candidates who is merely an F1 pusher. I’ll wait.

June 15, 2019 at 5:39 pm
          • Seraph IX Basarab Bo Hunt

Nobody said they were “merely an F1 pusher.” I said that most of their experience comes from big null bloc warfare where the warfare is mostly F1 pushing. As opposed to smaller fleets where individual ability matters more.

June 15, 2019 at 6:10 pm
        • paramemetic Seraph IX Basarab

I mean I specifically made clear who should vote this way (everyone). If people choose to vote badly that’s up to them.

An alternate title for this article was going to be “top 10 CSM candidates, ranked”

Just want to help make sure people vote for the S-tier candidates, that’s all.

June 14, 2019 at 10:30 pm
    • paramemetic Seraph IX Basarab

It only makes sense that the best people to help CCP with the direction of the game are the people who are playing the game and winning in all metrics, especially fun-having. Imperium is out there logging in every night, blowing up citadels, generating content and having a good ol’ time. We’ve got a vibrant news organization that continues to cover the game with excitement and vigor. We’re showing up in big numbers at even the most lackluster CCP events.

Don’t act like it’s a bad thing for people who are enjoying the game and actually playing it to be involved in the CSM.

June 14, 2019 at 10:28 pm
  • Moomin Amatin

The greatest thing about democracy in The Imperium is that you are told how to vote. It makes life so simple. I just voted as instructed and I am sure that yet again we will have a goon controlled CSM. Just like we have for so many years before.

June 14, 2019 at 10:50 pm
    • paramemetic Moomin Amatin

Democracy owns but it really shines in a single party system. Thank you for your diligence, citizen.

June 15, 2019 at 1:02 am
      • Moomin Amatin paramemetic

Truly an honour to serve!

June 15, 2019 at 3:31 am
  • Guilford Australis

The plebs of EVE should bless us for representing them so well on the CSM.

June 15, 2019 at 6:49 pm