INN Releases Comprehensive EVE Mining Guide

Izalis 2017-05-29

It is with great excitement and an overwhelming sense of relief that the Imperium News Guides team for Eve Online announces the release of our first guide: Eve Online – A Guide to Mining. It has been the work of several months, from the initial writing, through art, development, and to the final editing – we are proud to present to the Eve community the work of our hands and minds. We hope that the Eve community enjoys it as much as we have enjoyed making it.

The stories that can be told about the making of the guide are numerous, and at times, amusing. As part of writing the section on highsec mining, a group of writers and photographers went and acquired pictures of highsec miners exploding to gankers by the expeditious method of doing the ganking ourselves. We managed to take quite a few excellent pictures both of exploding miners and exploding gankers—Hello CONCORD! One writer even made a 400+ jump round-trip through New Eden to confirm what truesec different ore variants spawn in.

The INN Mining Guide is a resource useful to both new players (and especially the Imperium’s newbees) and experienced players alike. We have included information on the mechanics of mining, from ships and fittings to skill plans and how to stay safe in different environments. For people who enjoy math, the section on refining should help you get the most minerals out of your ore. The sections on highsec mining should be particularly useful and informative to highsec miners as it contains detailed information on how to avoid being ganked that was written by some of the people who do the ganking. Learn what they consider “easy pickings” and how to appear unappealing for gankers.

People interested in nullsec mining can learn about the differences in mining in each region of space, from highsec to nullsec, as well as how to stay safe. There are advanced sections on how sovereignty mechanics impact mining, as well as the unique aspects of mining with regards to Rorquals. There is something here for everyone.

Beyond this guide, the INN team is hard at work documenting other aspects of EVE Online. One of our upcoming guides focuses on production, from Tech 1 through Tech 2 and 3, to such topics as both moon reactions and drug reactions, the production guide will aid both budding and experienced industrialists in their pursuit of greater things (and more ISK). We are proud to also be covering diverse topics such as planetary interaction, exploration, and ratting for PVE, all with the same depth and expert knowledge delivered in our mining guide. Other guides will eventually branch out into PVP subjects like basic fleet maneuvers and mechanics, logistics, and boosting.

The guide team would like to extend thanks to all of the people who has assisted in the production of this guide. Every last person on the team has channelled their passion to make the best possible reference material for New Eden’s industrialists, and we’re not stopping there.

If you share our passion and are a subject matter expert in any of the above areas, or a person gifted in the sort of technical writing required for making guides, we want you on our team. Should you be interested in joining us, please use the contact form and drop us a note.

Editors Note: If you wish to see all the pictures taken for use in the guide, check out Rose Knightley on Flickr.

Comments

• Pew Pew

Here’s my guide to mining: don’t.

May 29, 2017 at 7:45 am
    • Alot Pew Pew

You do understand that if the entire EVE community took that advice as word of god, the game would collapse -.-

May 29, 2017 at 3:13 pm
      • Daito Endashi Alot

As a casual miner myself, I’d love if people took that advice
        Mineral prices on the rise, yeah!

May 29, 2017 at 5:44 pm
    • SeaBassSA Pew Pew

Others mine so you don’t have to

May 29, 2017 at 3:42 pm
  • Loki

Shoutout to Rock Venture Chill Mining Friends Corp 🙂

May 29, 2017 at 8:44 am
  • Gigi Bellon

Where can i find now all the sov maps?

May 29, 2017 at 9:22 am
  • Rammel Kas

Tip: links at the bottom of each guide page navigate.

May 29, 2017 at 10:42 am
  • Moomin Amatin

I do not even mine and have no intention of doing so. But if I was to ever change my mind about mining then I now know exactly were to go for a guide.

An excellent job from all concerned.

I also hear that there are other guides on the way. If the mining guide is the benchmark that is being used for quality then I am really looking forward to seeing more guides from INN.

May 29, 2017 at 1:13 pm
    • There have been several occasions where I’ve wished I could delete every article and forum post on the internet older then 3 years. When I first started playing Eve I was looking around for a mining guide and what I found were several contradicting testaments and arguments which seemed to be based in different versions of reality.

Its always nice when popular colossal player bases flout holistic guides – as for marketing purposes, they tend to be accurate and kept up to date.

May 29, 2017 at 3:17 pm
      • Daito Endashi Alot

I remember when I wanted to start mining, I read “get a battleship with as many turret slots as possible and fit them all with mining lasers”

May 29, 2017 at 3:19 pm
        • SeaBassSA Daito Endashi

Rokh mining! I remember when that was a thing.

May 29, 2017 at 5:04 pm
  • Daito Endashi

This reminds me of how I read the full Halada’s mining guide (about 30 pages if I remember correctly) two times before I even started playing.
    Now I wonder how I ever had this much free time.

May 29, 2017 at 3:13 pm
  • Very useful. Any chance of a downloadable pdf version?

May 29, 2017 at 4:06 pm
  • Caleb Ayrania

An up to date mining guide.. I am lost for words. I hope the mining inclined old and young alike appreciate the awesomeness of this.

May 29, 2017 at 4:33 pm
  • Rhivre

As I forgot to add the pictures from Rose into the original post from Izalis, I have amended it, and am also linking the Flickr here. My personal favourites in there are the more obscure ones like the shot of the MTU https://www.flickr.com/photos/147060454@N06/albums/72157680069885110

May 29, 2017 at 5:17 pm
    • Daito Endashi Rhivre

Wow, these screenshots are gorgeous!

May 29, 2017 at 5:46 pm
  • Izi Ningishzidda

Thank you all for making this guide. Imperium people are some of the most efficient miners in the game and to have all of their wisdom and experience in a public guide speaks well to the generosity of the Imperium.

June 3, 2017 at 6:41 pm
  • Cyber Wulf

Should we still expect that production guide soon?

April 3, 2018 at 3:38 pm