ReFit: The Purpose Driven Fit (Introduction)

David Matterall 2017-05-30

INN is happy to co-produce a new series with veteran EVE filmmaker John Drees. This is the first in a series of videos that dives deep into the mindset of a pilot when deciding what to fit in a ship.  This is not a typical how-to tutorial video it is a why-so series.  John says, you can give a man a fish, or teach him how to fish.  Enjoy the video and check out John’s previous work, it is stellar.

Hello, I’m JohnDrees. I have been creating Eve Videos on YouTube for a couple of years now. This is the introduction video for a series related to learning how to fit ships for pvp in Eve Online. This series will include at least 3 more parts to be released here on INN as they are finished. Hope you enjoy. o7

Comments

• Caleb Ayrania

WOW .. That looks like a great series.. +1

May 30, 2017 at 7:47 pm
  • UCOOLJULES

Great piece of work, but I wish the presenter sounded a little more lively

May 30, 2017 at 8:30 pm
    • Really? I think his voice is one of the best out there. Pleasant, deep, clear. Goes with the music and overall vibe – very relaxing. Think of it as a learning in a lounge.

May 30, 2017 at 8:48 pm
  • Dilligaf Lars

BoooYa more more 🙂 Great Voice, I don’t need to be entertained, I want to learn

May 30, 2017 at 9:59 pm
  • Roedyn

That’s super sexy, can’t wait to see more.

May 30, 2017 at 10:15 pm
  • Erick Asmock

It just flows perfectly. 50 yr singles all around.

May 30, 2017 at 11:10 pm
  • Rolfski

Pretty impressive

May 31, 2017 at 1:38 am
  • EFT is usually more fun than EVE. Should be a good series!

May 31, 2017 at 5:38 am
  • Alaric Faelen

Looks good. Hope to see it make an impact.

Suggested topics- when to use rigs versus modules to achieve something. I always seem to get that wrong according to more experienced EFT warriors. Since they accomplish the same things overall, knowing when to use a rig for more tank versus shield/armor modules, or when to use a rig to increase damage application versus modules to do it would be very helpful.

A critical point to ram home- a ‘sub-optimal’ fitting doesn’t always mean instant death (especially in PvE situations). Often it just means you accomplish something .0002% slower than the guy with the billion isk ‘perfect’ fit.

Fitting for fleet versus solo- and how much of a force multiplier it is to have specialist ships versus jack of all trades boats.

Freedom to experiment. I’m sure my Rattlesnake fit (mostly stuff I had laying around the hangar already) would make EFT warriors cringe, yet it crushes rats just fine. Fitting in Eve is more shades of grey than a simple pass/fail type of thing. Please Please Please make this apparent. Otherwise you’ll just have a million clones of whatever fits you do show running around because people will simply copy whatever they think is ‘guaranteed win’.

May 31, 2017 at 2:42 pm
  • chuck

Love his honorable third party videos, I’m sure these won’t disappoint

May 31, 2017 at 5:31 pm