Amidst everything else going on in New Eden, a new dev post arrived yesterday on Eve-O forums. This one is signed by CCP Karkur. As per usual, she -and her team- took care of small details that change our Eve lives. Let us have a look at these QoL improvements.
With as starter a new quantity tooltips: if you enter a number above 10,000 in any number field, a tooltip will display that number with the value in textual form (thousand, million, billion,…). The given example: 45343 yields 45.3 thousand, 15545640000 is 15.5 billion and so on. The highest magnitude was not unveiled, but one can guess it will be trillions.
This is valid for every number field but also for a set of windows. We know that the Sell Item window and the total in the Buy window (for single item) are from these, the rest is to discover!
The next news is a Radial menu for broadcasts. This new menu has a shortcut (to activate in the ESC window > General menu). To ensure it will not be confused with the current radial menu, its color will be the shade of the fleet set in the client. It contains a selection of broadcasts that can be activated on different items (Warp to, Target, Align to). Along with these, untargeted broadcasts (Need Shield, Need Armor, Need Capacitor) that can be activated in space or on your ship. Of course, it is linked to the same delay between broadcasts as normal broadcasts, so no spamming for F1 monkeys!
And smaller stuff
A nice list of smaller (and some stranger) features:
- The white color in the color picker in text fields is now the same as the default text color. (Note: it is currently “whiter”)
- The ‘item type’ field in ‘Wallet>Transactions’ is now wider and has a ‘Clear’ button.
- The ‘Member’ field in ‘Corporation Wallet>Transaction’ now has a ‘Clear’ button.
- A text filter has been added to the LP store.
- Alliances are now auto-linkable in chat like Corporations, Solar systems, etc. (Note: if you are unaware, you can right-click a word you wrote in a chat and auto-link it, which makes it clickable for others)
- The number of days in corp has been added in the ‘Employment history’ tab. (Note: less maths for those who like this stat)
- Custom Offices now have a proper right click option.
- The ‘Message’ field when adding contacts is now disabled unless you have the ‘Send notification’ checkbox checked (as many people have mistaken it for adding a personal note to characters they set standing to… awkward ).
- The ship name in ‘Fitting management windows’ is now a link to the info for the ship type.
- When a pilot invites you to a fleet, the message you get will include a link to that character’s info.
- It’s now possible to copy/paste blueprint info from the ‘Industry’ window.
- Items can now be dragged into the market search field, as well as to the filter in inventory windows
- The ‘Days to Complete’ box when creating ‘Courier contracts’ is now a bit wider.
- The ‘Selected Item’ info on Stargates now includes a color coded security status of the destination system. (Note: that will avoid a lot of mistakes!)
- Pilot and ship images in the ‘Selected Item’ window are now draggable and can be dragged and dropped to chat. (Note: much faster to link the pilot camping a gate for scouts)
CCP Karkur reminds us that anyone can suggest QoL improvements and small changes of the interface on the forums. Also, if you have any question or remarks, the forum below the original devpost is used as Q&A!