All The Small Things
Sometimes it is the small things in life that really help to restore hope. There has been a tremendous amount of buzz and speculation about both recent changes and upcoming promised changes from CCP.
- Structure timers
- Jump Fatigue
- Breathing life back into Assault Frigs
- The FC super command cruiser
All signs that CCP’s spring cycle could be focused on some of the things that could really give the stagnant meta a good hard shake.
But as I alluded in the opening, these are all big things, there are also a number of critically important small things going on as well. Earlier today CCP Karkur released a dev blog that outlines some of these oh so important quality of life items that are on SiSi for the next release.
Logi-bro This One’s for You
Full disclosure here, I fly a lot of logistics. I like the mechanics of the space healer class and how just a handful of brave logi-bros can really make or break things.
About the first half of CCP Karkur’s posted improvements are, if not targeted at, will surely benefit the logistic fleet pilots.
- The watch list can be color coded to better sorting and visibility for not just the WHO is on the list but WHY you put them there.
- Changes to bracket colors in the UI should reduce the amount of panic broadcasts from skittish pilots who see the logi pre-lock them.
- Fleet broadcasting history will now include ship types! (I can’t emphasize this one enough) so that logi can triage the history if several come in at once.
After that, the fixes become a bit more general use.
- Fleet tags can now be removed once they have been assigned.
- Ship Scan results are now logically broken down by slot.
- Improved placement of the “salvage” command on salvage drones.
- Destructive actions in pull-down menus (Repackage and Reprocess) are now in red.
There are also a number of tooltip and UI improvements in the list as well.
- Show Info on the system window will now have a tab for structures in the system that you can dock at (Sorry no free intel for enemy structures)
- A link in the HQ information tab to the home office
- Tooltip improvement for show info to better show relationships.
- Tooltip linked to your security status to warn you if faction police will attack you.
- An option for the compare tool to only list items that are different.
- The market order duration pulldown has been modified so that you don’t need to scroll.
Also, not to be outdone, CCP Habakuk chimed in with another late addition to the small things topic. It will now be possible to “lock” blueprints in corp hangers within upwell structures. The bps are protected and remain locked if/when they enter asset safety and then require a vote to unlock them.
Not being an industrialist I haven’t the froggiest idea what this will actually mean. But overall I think that the changes show a significant willingness on the part of CCP to start looking at improvements both big and small, as opposed to a never-ending glut of new features.