“Anyone surf? You paddle out the back, pick the best waves, and then a big monster set comes in and you have to duck-dive under that mother, ride out the chop and wait for another peachy set. But we’re not talking about some bad close-out on a ragged beach break, what we got right now is the 50-year-storm. It’s pretty gnarly out there right now, you can forget about pulling a sweet floater on a rhino-chaser. It’s time to bail before we get a drilling, let’s leave this beach to the kooks and ho-dads and come back when it’s cooking.”
In Summary: We’ve been on campaign up in Syndicate for over a year and had an awesome time, but the sex wax on our stick is wearing thin and the blue donut is enraged and knocking down all our stuff. This is normal and to be expected. This is why we are based in X-M, so when there is a big swell, we can weather the storm (asset safety looks after our armada and transplants it to the local NPC station).
We’ve reached the point of diminishing returns in Syndicate right now, there are no good fights without getting dogpiled and there is no further incentive to take more risks to try and find content in such a glazed-up yeast factory. Added to which, there is an opportunity cost with waiting to score fractions of kills here and there when we could be making better use of that time elsewhere.
To recharge our batteries, we’re heading off on Spring Break to get Beach Body Ready for Summer;
* We are going to open an industrial base in Querious to power-up and provide manufacturing capacity and sov-based income for members. We have been waiting for the proposed changes to moon income before we take decisions and although not all the details are released, we have enough to place some bets for the future. We are planning on opening Querious base here
* Offensive PVP stagings will remain as Syndicate and Curse. Everyone must have a clone in Syndicate and Curse at all times. This is not an option.
* All combat assets in Syndicate will remain in Syndicate while we are on Spring Break. We will not be organising any big move op to move assets to the South. We need those assets in our PVP stagings. There will be cyno chains organised for JFs and logistics to get set-up. We’re NOT moving carriers/dreads/supers.
* We will deploy 1 fleet and a fresh clone out of X-M and set-up Querious base tonight.
Our primary objectives for the next month(s) are as follows:
* Aside from the first bit of downtime in over a year, everyone needs to re-fill their wallets and crucially get at minimum an Apostle, Thanatos / Archon ready in Querious by end-May (as always, this is not the limit of ambition, so keep cranking out the Titans and Supers). Depending on progress, expect that we may well increase this target.
* Expect a variety of casual PVP ops, mixed with alliance strat-ops (requiring jump cloning), but the main goal is to re-equip capitals and get ready for Summer deployment.
We will also be working on delivering a variety of administrative upgrades including:
* New versions of auth to close out known current problems,
* The ongoing commissaring of orphans, invisibles and inactives and;
* Setting up a new finance structure to meet the new reality of a post-moon-goo economy.
Things to be aware of:
* Querious staging will be in 49-U
* Ships required in 49-U will include Machariel Fleet, Snatch/Heavy Snatch and Combat Carriers (Armor) + Armor FAX (Apostle). All of this will be provisioned in the area apart from the first deployment fleet (Ships TBD).
* Querious is currently run under the jurisdiction of the “Querious Fight Club”. While we will not be part of that construct, I do want us to follow that ruleset otherwise we will completely smash the ecosystem there. For more information, you can read the info on this here
More info as it happens!