Fallout 76 Beta Bug Wipes 50GB Client

Chase Gamwell 2018-10-31

Header art by Redline XIII.

Today was supposed to be the first day of the Fallout 76 B.E.T.A on PC, but many are having issues.

Shortly after the beta went live, many found that they were being forced to re-download a game they had preloaded days ago, apparently due to a bug that caused clicking any button in the launcher to wipe all downloaded data.

At nearly the same time, the Fallout account tweeted out that developers at Bethesda were aware of the issue and were investigating:

Tweet from Fallout Twitter account

Because of this glitch, Bethesda has extended the beta’s playable window on November 1.

At the time of writing on Tuesday, my Bethesda Launcher is still in the process of installing the game, and there’s just under an hour of playtime remaining in today’s beta, so I doubt I’ll be playing.

Stay tuned for updates.

Comments

• Pew Pew

I’m really interested in whether Fallout 76 is any good or not, my guess is not. I think a huge part of the immersion of the game comes from NPC’s and the loneliness of being in the wasteland. Without those things I’m not sure it will work. Maybe they have new ideas though.

October 31, 2018 at 9:45 am
  • Mick

All gamers should blacklist Bethesda until they produce ES6.

No more fallouts. No more ESO. No more filler trash games. Give us the good stuff!

November 1, 2018 at 4:11 am
    • Carvj94 Mick

You call it bad before you play it or even see gameplay of the final product? That’s silly at best and stupid at worst. You can think “I don’t think this’ll end up a good game” all you want. I certainly do, but I’m not saying it’s a bad game yet.

November 4, 2018 at 7:43 pm
  • Garreth Vlox

I loved fallout 4, and I loved skyrim. But fallout 76 seems like a trash game with no content or story line designed to cash in on the “sandbox” concept without actually bothering to build a game or content for people to play. ESO was a complete let down as well, I have been a Bethesda fan for years, but these last two titles have been crap.

November 1, 2018 at 5:15 am
    • Andrew Hyland Garreth Vlox

where the hell do you poeple get your info? the game has a story and tons of content

November 3, 2018 at 8:47 pm
  • Garreth Vlox

The people who play the beta and then saying something along the lines of. “the game looks great, there’s not much story, but its really cool to walk around and look at stuff”

November 3, 2018 at 9:05 pm
    • Carvj94 Garreth Vlox

But the beta for most games doesn’t include much story. So your response doesn’t really awnser anything. For open world games like this they usually only include a couple of missions with edited scripts so that nothing is revealed. Believe it or not very few game companies revival anything more than the basics of the plot before release.

November 4, 2018 at 7:40 pm