Through The Eyes of a Bee – A Line Member’s Perspective

2017-08-18

I stopped playing Eve for years and recently decided to return to the game. After returning and reviewing my skills and assets, I decided it was finally time to move out of high sec and join one of the major corporations for glory and ISK. I set my training queue up with some PVP skills I never bothered to train and mined around high sec.

So there I am sitting on an ice belt and I walk away for 5 minutes. I return and I’m sitting in a station. At some point, CODE came in and decided it was time to “teach” a carebear a lesson. In the Evemail sent to me, it outlined CODE’s “code” and how they are doing good work and other bullshit. I sent back an Evemail stating good fight and all that, however, I don’t agree with how they operate and that I was already planning on joining a major alliance. I received a return Evemail stating that I was a lot more reasonable than most people they receive mails from and asked that I check out a member corporation of Goonswarm. From there I sold all of my stuff and moved down to Delve.

Yes, you got that right, I joined the alliance of the dirty bastards who killed me. Sometime later, one of the people who killed me struck up a conversation where I told him there were no hard feelings. My integration into the swarm was a very easy one. I purchased a VNI and a Rattlesnake and started making some serious ISK, I purchased multiple “ships of the line” and participated in about fifty fleets over the course of a couple of months, and I had fun learning the etiquette and flight skills. The peacetime allowed me to enjoy with great rewards. I even had enough ISK to start a carrier skill plan and I set that up. Life is good.

Two days later we get the notice that we are going to be deploying.

Move Ops

A quarter of me was a little upset that I would be losing my ISK making potential and that the deployment would be pushing out my owning of a carrier due to not being able to afford skill injectors until after deployment. The other half of me was screaming” HELL YEA, LET’S DO THIS!” I clear out my hanger of junk and sell my rattlesnake due to it being a little too blingy for me to lose and I knew I wouldn’t have a safety umbrella back home. With this, I set up 3 ships and a freight can to go. I am ready!

When the move op is called we start heading out to our staging and, of course, it’s a long, slow trip. Comms kept it from being incredibly boring. Here is where our alliance makes a mistake, in my opinion. They drop us off some jumps away from our staging system and tell us to log off and wait for the next move op. What they didn’t tell us is when that would take place. The next day I log on and worry until about moving until the ping finally goes out without warning.

I make it to staging with the fleet just fine, however, I am sure there are people left behind due to not making the second move op. Good luck to them I guess. The reason stated for us not going directly to stating was our enemies still didn’t know where our staging would be. In my opinion, there should have been better communication as to when the move operations would continue from the midway point. When I finally reached the staging system, I couldn’t help to grin as I saw over one thousand people in local. “I made it. I am a part of something big.”

The Imperium Strikes back and the Whaling War

Back home it’s not so good. I see reports coming in about roaming fleets and massive loss of mining barges and carriers. I feel for some of these pilots who didn’t log in for a long time and got blapped not knowing there would be no safety umbrella. Most, however, had numerous warnings not to fly while we were deployed and ignored it or were not smart enough to read their Evemail, forums, corp chat, comms, etc, etc.

The enemy starts calling this war the “Whaling War.” At some point, the enemy also loses a titan and carriers during a move op to further the whaling meme. At this point, there is massive server instability which continues to this day. Some call the war “The War Of Socket Closed” on Reddit. All in all, I don’t let this bother me at all. Our leader tells us the war is for content and to strike back at the people who once hurt us. I could honestly care less as I was not a part of any of these wars. The war is named “The Imperium Strikes Back.”

Our alliance starts erasing non-alliance player owned stations and starts installing their own while making life hell for our enemies. I join a bunch of fleets in the first 5 days and get more “paps” then I did the entire previous month. I enjoyed the fleets and even managed to score a killmark. At this point, there are some serious etiquette problems on comms. People don’t understand how to set up a local key or how to shut the hell up on comms. Our comms directorate did an amazing job of muting people to keep the comms clear. An example that I found humorous: Line member with no reason to speak up: “Hello?! HELLO?! DOES MY MIC WORK?!” Backup FC: “SHUT UP!”

I make almost nothing for income during the first days of the deployment and have no expectation of being able to make ISK until the deployment is over.

The Fight

Yesterday I get home and get ready to join a fleet when it’s called. Not long after a major form up takes place with multiple fleets forming. I don’t have the skills needed to fly the main line ship’s fitting of the day so I ship down into a Jackdaw. We get word that there will be a fight and massive numbers are incoming. At this point, I am psyched up and ready for a massive battle. I already put my client into potato mode knowing it may cause me to socket close. How little did I know that wouldn’t be the issue of the day. Everyone undocks and we stage in space. A couple minutes later the enemy rolls into system.

This is the point where the grin drained from my face as I experience for the first time major time dilation. We were not properly prepped in advance by our FC that this would happen and everyone is confused. The client barely works and everything happens in extreme slow motion. We arrive on grid and attempt to lock up targets and shoot them. The experience of being in a 2700 person battle was shockingly bad.

I had to quickly turn off all brackets from my overview and take a look at the battle. It looked like a screenshot while I was playing the game, no movement. This is not what I was expecting. What I had been expecting was a general slowdown of the client and for it to still operate reasonably. This was not the case at all. I would press f1 and wait 10 seconds for it to turn green. People start saying in comms that they are dying; more fail as this info is not needed on comms.

After a couple warps in and out, I notice a very small damage indication come on my screen that barely scratches my shields, so I think nothing of it. Minutes later, my ship went from full shields to dead in one tick. I guess I was primary and didn’t get to even see I was locked up due to TiDi. I should have known to warp out when I felt the first tickle.

Five minutes later and I’m back with another jackdaw trying to figure out if its OK to warp to my FC. I warp to a safe in system because my fleet is mid-warp. I leave the room for a 5 full minutes and come back to my ship finally landing at my safe spot. Immediately I warp back into the action but at this point, my spirits are drained. This isn’t fun. I have no idea if our fleet is winning or losing or if we are even making a difference. The FC doesn’t even know what is killing us when we lose fleet members. I take damage two more times during the fight and I was able to warp off with the assistance of logi. This is a miracle in itself that I caught reps during the hellish TiDi. Thank you logi!

As I am warping off the second time, the call goes out for any carriers in my fleet to cyno out and my heart drops. I knew at this point we were withdrawing from the field. We are told not to come back to the field of battle and I dock up.

The After Action Report

So I’m docked trying to figure out what the hell just happened. We were told that we had lost the Foritzar, however, all the other stuff was onlined in system. The battle report shows massive losses on our side. We had lost. Comms did little to help as we were not told how this had happened or where our dread force was and why they were not deployed. I see the number of people in comms and logged in die out to almost nothing. 2700 in system becomes 1300. I enter my SRP for my lost ship with its killmark and notice I am only going to get 100 million ISK for my loss when I had just purchased a replacement on contract for 200 mil. I netted a 100 million ISK loss on the fight.

This really bummed me out because if I end up losing 20 ships on this campaign I will have lost 2 billion and that amount is just not sustainable. Hopefully, the price of those contracts will go down, however, I wouldn’t bet on it. Comms are quiet and I log off upset and deflated.

So this brings us to now. I came back to this game thinking I could join in on some huge fights and make a difference. What I got was massive TIDI and an unresponsive client on my first large engagement. I am astonished at how long this game has been out and that it’s still 90% broken in large fights. My fight massive fleet battle was a huge disappointment to me and I pass the blame directly to CCP. There have to be better solutions than what I had experienced in my first large scale battle.

Comments

• Moomin Amatin

You started your piece so well. Your intention was to seek both “glory and ISK”. Not bad things to aspire for when looking to create your own Eve story.

But then things soon seem to degrade quite quickly. CODE is not part of The Imperium. Code have worked with Miniluv, a SIG within The Imperium, which may explain why they suggested joining them. You then talk about how life is good and that you are making serious ISK.

You then suggest that people were just left behind. Yet you present no evidence of this. The Imperium as a whole is vast in size. Moving thousands of people from all time-zones to the opposite side of New Eden is no small task. So to have the expectation of it being a quick journey is less than realistic.

So rather than labour the uninformed points that you make throughout your piece I will simply suggest that you think about what you want from the game. To even question if Eve is the game for you.

In the New Bee channel of The Imperium I always tell new members that Eve is a marathon and not a sprint. All the pieces are present to create your own epic saga in Eve should you wish to put in the effort.

August 18, 2017 at 7:42 AM
    • Moomin grr, he hat evrywun Moomin Amatin

Don’t let Moomin get you down op. He is clearly still sad because of a clear distinction between his propoganda and real articles and needs to pick on someone. Interesting perspective and thanks for the write up!

August 18, 2017 at 11:01 AM
      • Moomins articles are his opinions, as this one is the opinion of this author.

This is a slightly different perspective, and more from a birds-eye-view. However, both Moomin and this anonymous author write “real articles”.

August 18, 2017 at 11:11 AM
    • Erick Asmock Moomin Amatin

Aahhh he’s a newbee on his first deployment. First order of newness…Never be afraid to ask your corp what is going on. Join SIGs make friends. You are going to make a ton of isk and be space rich once this deployment is over. None of this will matter in 3 months. Well, none of the bad stuff.

Move OPs always make sure the ones left behind get to deployment. Even if it was all perfectly planned and communicated there is no way every member would work on that schedule.

The reason you only get to know what you need is OPSec. Once you tell everyone in the Alliance the route or destination the enemy knows too.

There are ways to get free ships for some OPs. Sometimes Corps have loners in a pinch for members (my corp does). Always insure. You’re in the best alliance. I have never enjoyed the game more since joining.

August 18, 2017 at 12:17 PM
      • eMtoN Erick Asmock

Our corp has a channel dedicated to fleet questions. It’s a way for members to ask questions without bothering the FC or general fleet in a more private setting. It works pretty well.

August 19, 2017 at 3:48 AM
    • Who are you to decide whether EVE is the game for someone?

Taking your points in order:
      CODE is maybe 90% alts, a large proportion of which are Imperium characters’. So the OP joins the alliance of the guy that ganked him (with his alt). He didn’t claim CODE was part of the Imperium.

He says people must have been left behind. Maybe he’s right, maybe not. Maybe some people hadn’t logged back in when the second fleet moved out, but maybe there was another fleet for that second leg. Pointing it out might have been more helpful than saying the Imperium is big (a point that the OP clearly realizes, as he mentions it repeatedly) and that his expectations are wrong. In fact, he seems to have had a fun time travelling to lowsec, despite being afraid of missing that last bus.

As to liking the game… well, the guy seems to have fun, he’s making ISK, he’s going on fleets, he – somewhat reluctantly, but such is the way of the Imperium – gives up his bearing to go to war, but deploy he does, he’s having fun, and so on. Then he gets on a big TiDi fleet, because he hadn’t realized what it would be like, because he either missed the gems of wisdom that you impart in that channel or didn’t fully understand what they actually meant, and he has a shitty time.
      So the correct answer is: you’ve been on a ton of fleets, and made ten times more PAPs than Fanboy Moomin, clearly you had fun, why not stick with those if the big fights aren’t your thing? If on your New Bee channel you routinely tell people who had a bad time on an Imperium fleet that EVE might not be the game for them, then maybe you need a new job? I don’t think new players need help in leaving the game for the wrong reasons, tyvm.

August 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM
      • Moomin Amatin Bozo

At no point in my reply did I decide anything for the author.

You have proof of your claim about CODE membership? We both know that you do not hence the use of “maybe”. The author wrote ” I joined the alliance of the dirty bastards who killed me”.

Anyone within The Imperium would have seen multiple pings for move fleets. They were run for many days after. Additionally for those unable to move ships up logistics were put in place as soon as possible. Jita is but a simple hop away.

You go onto make additional claims that are unfounded. So if you have any proof of your claims then I challenge you to offer it. I would be especially interested in the stats you claim to have with regard to my activity within The Imperium.

August 18, 2017 at 8:12 PM
        • Congratulations, you have correctly spotted that using “maybe” meant I had no proof, nor was I offering any. I have but anecdotal evidence, from having an alt in CODE and conversations with other people. Definitely no proof.

The main point I think, is that when one new player says “I liked the game, but my experience of doing X sucked”, it can be hugely discouraging to get “this might not be the game for you” as a reply. He’s young, he’s missing a lot of information out of inexperience (information overload can happen really quickly), but other than that he’s mostly doing the right things and being a useful member.

August 19, 2017 at 10:59 AM
          • Moomin Amatin Bozo

I asked you for proof of your claims and you respond with something completely different. This would seem to suggest that your claims are fabrications.

Anyhoo to address your point with my own. My point was that living in and getting the most out of Null requires effort. Not necessarily more or less effort than hisec, but perhaps a different effort.

So the author had tried hisec and left the game. They came back to the game for what nullsec has to offer. I suggest that they think about nullsec differently to other parts of Eve. You then dive in and make a load of claims you then fail to back up.

August 19, 2017 at 1:03 PM
  • Johnny Crowe

I too know the pain of war market fuckery.

August 18, 2017 at 8:20 AM
  • CarlGustav

once you get your Fort down the prices will drop as GSOL will put the cap on the prices
    this is not dooable in Stations as its to easy to fu pricing.

Expect prices to be 30% above jita in deployments
    in wartime always plat insure your ship
    all SRP is based around plat.

August 18, 2017 at 8:45 AM
    • Carvj94 CarlGustav

But this is in lowsec not too far out from Jita. Nobody should be buying any contracts that are more than a 5-10% markup when your just 2 jumps to hisec.

August 18, 2017 at 10:37 PM
      • BigJon Carvj94

I’ll even go further, buying stuff locally is just being lazy(I do it myself). It’s literally one JF cyno from Jita to Hak. Buy stuff in Jita, pay the couple of million ISK to have it moved via JF. The local markets are there for the convenience.

August 19, 2017 at 2:19 AM
  • Pew Pew

This is a great article, thanks for sharing it. I agree completely with what you’re saying.

Big props to INN for publishing it too, it’s great to see openness to different viewpoints.

August 18, 2017 at 9:20 AM
    • Erick Asmock Pew Pew

INN has always been open to alternate viewpoints. The Staff isn’t all Imperium folks.

August 18, 2017 at 12:19 PM
      • Sylphinja the Dark Rose Erick Asmock

What different viewpoint? You’re talking like they published a line membrrs viewpoint of someone not in TEST or Goons.

August 18, 2017 at 1:49 PM
        • We have NC., PH, and CO2 on staff. We also published TEST stuff before they were friendly again. We have never shied away from running pieces that are critical, even from Imperium pilots. If nobody writes the other side, though, it’s hard to publish it.

August 18, 2017 at 2:19 PM
          • Lekly Set

I think we have some people from smaller alliances as well, not just the mega coalitions.

August 18, 2017 at 8:01 PM
        • When he says “different viewpoint,” I think he means that this isn’t the typical “Morale has never been higher, we love welping fleets, we’re taking Syndicate moons, losing is just making us stronger, we’re so rich the losses don’t matter” spin that most people expect around here.

August 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM
          • Sylphinja the Dark Rose Midtown East

Well, in that case it really is different. But not by much.

Most people would find my viewpoint boring.

August 22, 2017 at 8:24 AM
        • Like the Horde one we published last week?

Erick and Pew are both referring to what might be known as dissenting views

August 18, 2017 at 5:40 PM
        • Hey guys, Johnny Crowe here, I know I normally write articles that have something to do with morale being high but god damn we’re having fun. 😉

August 18, 2017 at 6:17 PM
        • I think if you are complaining about what is being written, step up and write a submission article yourself. That is your solution to your perceived problem. If you can’t be bothered to write it, your complaint is baseless.

August 18, 2017 at 10:04 PM
  • davor safranko

i agree with this article 1000 % percent since its similiar too my experience and im a goon plus il add if you dont have tidi you have crapy fleets and when i say crapy you undock drive 100 systems where you loose half of your people cause they bump gates dont align in time etc yea i know the ones that didnt align deserve too die this is eve etc etc whell id rather die fighting than loose people cause of gate bumps and at the damn end of fleets you get dropped by titans.. yay we survived the titans here is your cake and go f off thx fc

August 18, 2017 at 2:13 PM
  • Set

You aren’t wrong. Fights today with tidi are better than those without before. However, tidi was originally pitched as a temporary solution. At the very least, it was supposed to be a solution alongside many other solutions. It’s been all alone to combat server load for years now. I can understand being frustrated that CCP never followed through.

August 18, 2017 at 2:16 PM
    • Bozo Set

My understanding is that CCP did follow through, but players have kept pushing. Essentially, we’d be having 10,000 fights with a gazillion drones if we could, we only stop when the game becomes unplayable.

August 18, 2017 at 7:24 PM
  • Alot

Its bizzare that the effects of tidi have not shrunk over the years. Computers (be they desktop or mega-servers) are more potent every year. While One wouldnt expect a 2X increase in processing power to cut tidi in half, you’d expect it to shrink somewhat every year.

Of note though is that CCP has some uber-rigged nodes which they deploy when they know where a big fight will happen in advanced (to provide the hot-zone with additional processing power). In managing to keep the initial invasion a secret, the imperium suprised not only their enemies but also the employees who could have provided tidi support -.-

August 18, 2017 at 2:32 PM
    • Kyeudo Alot

You forget that as hardware improves, people just bring more ships. Today’s big fights can involve over 4k people in the same grid. The fights of yesteryear were smaller by a good number.

August 18, 2017 at 4:49 PM
      • Alot Kyeudo

If that is the case I’d be interested in any actual statistics you could point me to.

August 18, 2017 at 6:46 PM
  • Eli

I can’t stand the big fights either. I participate out of loyalty but it’s just so horrid that you click a button and 5 minutes later, it’s finally doing something (AUTZ is like this in tidi) that I feel like why even bother. Thankfully this fight I helped take down a dreadnaught (actually I’ve discovered that’s the best thing in tidi as they don’t move much and are easy to lock onto) so it was worth participating. Thankfully, the big set piece battles are not something that we naturally choose and this being a ‘Dirty War’ means we get plenty of normal fights outside of Hakonen too.

August 18, 2017 at 2:55 PM
  • Total Newbie

Why anonymous, you proudly write your perspective but hide behind a mask? You can see who I am, and this would allow you to find me on the forums or on mumble and discuss your issues. You make some interesting points, but if you think it is any different in any other mega coalition, you would be sadly, disappointed. In fact, no one does logistics or movements better than The Imperium. I really don’t understand the sense of entitlement coming from a lot of the new players. The alliance spends TRILLIONS of isk on a SRP program. You basically get to play for free. If you are in Karma Fleet, you’re getting double SRP. The only demand the alliance gives you is to show up on time, in the right ships, and to maintain some semblance of discipline on comms. Pretty easy stuff if you ask me. If you aren’t questioning your fellow corp members for answers, then that is your loss. The only entitlement you have is to play the game. Everything else and how your personal Eve story is written, is in fact, entirely up to you!

August 18, 2017 at 5:16 PM
    • Mintaki Total Newbie

Both you and Resnar made some good points, but what you neglect to understand is that most new players simply do not understand what to expect and have nothing to compare what they’re getting here to what they would get elsewhere, and if we have a negative attitude they won’t want to stick around and learn.

The writer also has a very valid point when it comes to the approach from CCP when it comes to TIDI. I’m an avid fan of CCP and a lot of the work they do, but one place I feel that have it absolutely “bass ackwards” is large fleet fights and the whole TIDI mechanic. If they would invest a little more time into this, they might be able to resolve it.

August 19, 2017 at 3:54 AM
  • War is always rough, and almost never fun. We don’t fight for fun. We fight for the community because we deserve the best.

August 18, 2017 at 6:53 PM
  • Bozo

First, thank you for the post. Cool perspective, keep’em coming!

Secondly, just goes to show the groupthink that permeates the Imperium. Bwaaa! Bad CCP! A mere 2700 in system and the system doesn’t work well!

TiDifests are horrible. Only the Mittani (who doesn’t play the game) think they’re the end-all and be-all of EVE. Unfortunately, there are times when you just need to decide who ends up controlling a certain system / citadel / moon / whatever, and then big fights are unavoidable. RIP your experience.

Large fleet fights are larger than they used to be. That fight could never have happened in lowsec back in the day. So CCP is, in fact, improving the game in that respect.

But the TLDR, which others have pointed out: this is a game. You’ve done your bit for the Imperium. You’ve clocked more PAPs than the average grunt. More importantly, you don’t have to do your PAPs in big fleets if they’re not your thing. Look for smaller fleets going out to burn renters, if you like them better – a PAP is a PAP. This deployment is purely for content, you are not defending the Imperium, so don’t burn yourself out just because you want to fit in and prove you belong. Pushing yourself too hard for what is at its core a nonessential objective might result in your sitting out the truly important battles (if they ever come), and you’d hate that.

Fly unsafe!

August 18, 2017 at 7:09 PM
  • Bill

If this isn’t fun to you you joined the wrong alliance. The one that you are in has specialized in hordes of F1 monkeys and victory by denial of fun for over a decade. It sounds like you are primarily a carebear type who just wants high earning and a safe place to do it. Find yourself a Corp in a renter alliance that also likes to skirmish from time to time. You’ll avoid most of the un-fun stuff you describe and have more fun.

August 18, 2017 at 7:45 PM
  • Alaric Faelen

Yeah sounds like when I joined a CFC alliance right before the Fountain War. Everything went so…..smoothly. Out to null, a ratting ship handed to me, fleets to join in the Finder.
    I always tell newbros that joining any of the big null sec groups is the easy button of Eve. Holy hell was it a struggle before moving to null. But in a real sov alliance, we even had a dude running a JF service with it’s own browser client for ordering…easier than Amazon!

August 18, 2017 at 10:32 PM
  • Carvj94

That’s why I left null. Huge fleet brawls are boring and stupid. Baffling to me why anyone likes them.

August 18, 2017 at 10:34 PM
  • Cloon McCloon

I hope a lot of FC’s read this article, purely for the move op part. My first attempt at joining a large operation across several regions resulted in a similar “log off here, we will continue tomorrow” order, but no time or direction was given. The move op call came the next day while I was at work, and came home and logged in to find myself stranded and alone in hostile region, with no support. I was an expendable straggler and no fucks were given.

To deny enemy the satisfaction, I self destructed and took the pod express home. For a very long time after, when a fleet was heading out of region, I just passed on it. Why go through all that trouble only to get abandoned? Take care of your line members, and they will be there when you call them.

August 18, 2017 at 11:51 PM
    • Resnar Cloon McCloon

you mean alone with the 4 other fleet full late in night right ?

August 19, 2017 at 2:04 AM
    • TyroneCashmoney Cloon McCloon

There were several fleets moving, not all at the same time, over a period of days. You were meant to wait for the next fleet that came through if you didn’t catch the one that was first broadcasted. I thought this had been communicated but apparently not.

August 21, 2017 at 5:47 PM
      • Cloon McCloon TyroneCashmoney

I wasn’t part of this goon fleet… or any goon fleet, i’m talking about a similar experience to the poster I had on my first Regional move op a long time ago, and the fact that for a very long time after I didn’t want to join fleets for fear that I would be abandoned again if I couldn’t make the broadcast time due to real life commitments.

I know its impossible to always get everyone out in those situations, I understand from a command point of view that losing a couple stragglers is inevitable and acceptable, all I am saying is FC’s and leadership should once in a while imagine a newbro who is trying hard to contribute and has a limited grasp of things, being abandoned in their fleet ship that they worked hard to afford.

A little effort to help a new guy out may pay dividends later and help get max numbers responding to pings.

August 21, 2017 at 9:26 PM
  • Resnar

So you blame goons for multiple thing, and most of them is because you did not did it properly or did not follow order properly to understand everything.

First our move op : Yes we move the biggest capital fleet in the game in a short period of time, yes around 1 am the fc told to dock up and log off until further information, yes the move op from the mid point continue the next day and had a ping every hour it was around 18:00 eve time when it start and end late in night again. Why FC did not told u information ? Well like it have been said multiple time in fireside and Q&A no one know where we going, this lack of intel was crucial (look at how sort dragon panic) it disturb ennemy mouvement against our deployement, it was one of the biggest thing happen in this war so far, so yeah our fc will not told u “hey we going there at this time tomorow” it was more important for FC. And to have been part of multiple moveOP from other alliance, it was boring yes, but at least you had a cyno route (after 2/3 day they were a perma cyno fleet) from my experience moveOP are always boring as hel, you will never find it entertaining.

Second : The jew in delve, I still rat in my super time to time very safely (don’t tell to my CEO please) it’s on my own risk I know if I get tackle I can just die alone, why ? Because we are at war, more than half of our alliance is currently in Hakonen for the war, people who defend u during peacetime are not ratter or miner they are pvp guy’s give them a war and they will stop wait hour on keepstar waiting someone get tackle, tackle the guy, tell it on coms and light a cyno in the right fleet. How can you make isk during a war ? Thing that don’t invovled “be in delve” on it, I currently took one of my alt to do some exploration to pay for the ship I could lose and keep plex everything. We only form up to defend our sov not our PVE guy’s you should know that we said it during multiple Q&A/fireside/post

Third : The Tidi battle, you can’t blame goons for tidi, it’s CCP fault, like Mittani said mutliple time those fortizar will bait all remaining ennemies of the WWB, it will be a tidi fuck fest, to be prepare look into wiki our alliance own, look into post FC maid, ask in your corp/alliance/fleet/newbee channel if you don’t know how to deal with it. Everyone prepare you to that if you had follow every important Q&A/fireside/post (and again to have been part of multiple major alliance GSF is the only one to have such tool). Now your “I get primary but because Tidi I could not see I get target” so fyi Yellow box from all the ennemy fleet don’t mean free hug, you should broadcast for reps once you saw that, and that again, don’t blame anyone but yourself FC prepare us very well to such encounter, and they keep doing it that’s why we anchor fortizar, it bring a lot of angry old MBC to give us content and tidi so we can train ourself and train FC to use doctrine, don’t read reddit about this it’s the only reason we do such a thing like it have been said in many after report we got a lot of fortizar (100+ from the latest Q&A I heard) we don’t care about losing them and we don’t care about don’t have one, if we would have one we would anchor 10 + in the same timer, so they could not stop them to deploy like we did for the azbel etc. Like Mittani said, we don’t care about reddit, just keep in mind it’s all about propaganda there.

And the last : War is not free hug to everyone, OFC you will lose your ship OFC you will lost money, you got SRP to recover most of the lost if you did not had a full SRP on both of your jacdaw you did not fill it properly. Don’t exepect to go to a war and think “Oh it’s like HS I could keep make isk in delve and never lost isk on the battlefield” war is pain that’s why Mittani say to everyone since almost a year now : “Use delve in any way to make isk prepare yourself to the next war incoming”.

For me your post had nothing to here, why ? Because it’s all about you discover nullsec and learn from the hardway what is it to be in war, I did the same misstake when I start the game during WWB, war is not love, war is war even in eve, all those thing that you are concern you should not write them in INN but to your corp and if they don’t help you enough join another one who is more newbie friendly, GSF is bigger enough to find people ready to help you, I hope you will find those people, because for now and for me, you point in the wrong direction.

August 19, 2017 at 12:43 AM
  • Rolfski

Interesting perspective between all the lame goon propaganda you typically read here. But then again your story wouldn’t have been much different if you would have a been with another alliance though. Move ops hassle, TiDi horror and income loss regardless of SRP are just the reality of big block wars in this game.

August 19, 2017 at 6:07 AM
    • Rhivre Rolfski

Yes, I think for many line members in the large blocks, they would have a similar experience. It is just that bitter vets are used to it

August 19, 2017 at 9:03 AM
  • Jamie Grainger

Anonymous or not, I know one thing: I was in that Jackdaw fleet with you (there was only one). Many times before we undocked, the FC gave a rundown of what to expect from TiDi. This was also my first large scale fleet battle. My only real TiDi experience previous to this was Burn Jita.
    Also, the things that you said were never explained in your “after action” section were, in fact, explained. This happened during the “storytime” that occurred in our fleet channel in mumble, not 10 minutes after the called to stand down and wait for storytime went out.

August 24, 2017 at 4:50 PM
  • Erick Asmock

This is a great article. I had to read it a few times because I enjoyed it.

This is a valuable article for the Imperium. It’s awesome that INN posted it.

Whoever the writer is should consider chronicling the next few months. I’d like him to bring his experience forward and what was done to help him get a better picture of what goes on.

As long time players sometimes we forget what it was like to be new.

I look forward to reading more pieces from this individual.

August 27, 2017 at 12:39 PM